Skip to main content

Praises to Jesus!

I am just in awe tonight as I marvel at God's amazing power and faithfulness in my life!  There are two pieces of news that we received just today that has taken what seems to be a 50 ton weight from our backs!  And God's finger prints are all over the relief!

Yesterday my mom, Ariana, Ella and I set out for Salt Lake City to not only check on Ella's hips, but to measure her legs, which have been almost one inch difference in length for the past couple months.  A few months ago (in February) when Ella's surgeon took the metal plate out of Ella's right leg, she noticed the difference in length.  At that time, she said that if the difference grew any more, Ella would need surgery on her growth plate in that leg.  As we drove to Salt Lake yesterday, I honestly believed that Ella's legs had not gotten any closer in lengths and that we'd be discussing surgery once again.  Today, however, when we met with Ella's surgeon, she delivered a different announcement!  Ella's legs were not only close to the same length now...they were EXACTLY the same length, right down to the millimeter!  Only God can do that!

Ella now has the green light to do...anything!  She can run (something the doctors said that she would never do), she can jump (certainly included in the doctor's statement that she'd not run), and she can play sports...any sport!  (she has to get the "OK" from her eye surgeon because of loose retinas...she said no contact sports, but we're thinking she could get her retinas knocked out of position from sitting in the bleachers at a basketball game!  But as far as her legs and hips go, there are no restrictions!!!)  Ella is a free bird and we can't wait to see how high she will fly!

Tonight as I put Ella to bed and tucked her in, we talked about how God had healed her legs and hips and I said excitedly, "Ella, you won't have to wear any more full body casts!  No more wheelchairs!  No more surgeries!"  Ella just started giggling in disbelief and then she stopped and looked right in my eyes, which she rarely does and asked seriously, "Mommy, say it again!"  So I said, again, "No more casts!  No more wheelchairs!  No more surgeries!"  And after each declaration, Ella giggled and smiled a smile of complete and total relief.  Oh, what a wonderful moment for me as a mom! 

The second piece of news that came as icing on the cake today was a phone call from my neurologist's office. 

"Jennifer?" came the unsure and slow speaking voice on the other end of the line. 
"Yes?" I answered. 
"We got your test results from the spinal tap," the cautious voice started, and then paused for what seemed like an eternity before going on, "...and it came back normal."
"That's good right?" I thought as I waited for what seemed like 30 seconds for her to continue.
"So, we've ruled out the possibility of Multiple Sclerosis," the woman concluded.

My heart literally (well, not really literally, because what I'm about to say is not possible) jumped out of my chest!  Oh, I could have kissed the woman!  It's a good thing we weren't face to face, haha!  I was elated, to say the least. 

"What could my symptoms possibly be if it's not MS?" you might ask.  Well, I'm not sure.  But what I do know, is that my joint pain has been significantly less this past week.  In fact, I felt completely normal for 5 out of the past seven days and the other two days, I only felt slight joint-pain that came after extremely short nights of sleep.  Remaining possibilities that I'm aware of are: Arthritis, Hashimoto's, allergies, or continued symptoms from my life-threatening allergic reaction several weeks ago.

Whatever the case may be, I am just extremely relieved that it is not MS!  And that God knows exactly what is going on with my body!  I just can't stop the urge to jump up and down with gratitude that we've crossed one very large possibility off of the list!  And like I just said, God knows what's going on, and I find so much peace in that fact.

It seems that much of these last several years, we have been called to have joy in our trials, and we have learned so much through it.  In this life, we have had plenty of times to mourn or sit and wait on the Lord, but today, this is a day to rejoice!  I am so excited to throw my arms with reckless abandon into the air in praise to my Jesus!  This is a time to exalt His holy name!

Ecclesiastes 3:
"3 There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under heaven:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace."

Today we are laughing and dancing and singing halleluiahs to Jesus for the work He has done in the lives of our family!  

I just give praise to Jesus today because He alone is worthy to be praised!  He alone is mighty!  And He alone is good!  It looks like neither Ella, nor myself will be spending time in a wheelchair, and we are oh, so thankful!

Thank you so much for joining us on this prayer journey!  And today, we ask for your prayers of thanksgiving and praise to our awesome God who loves us more than we can even imagine!

  "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!"  Ephesians 3:30-31


"The Lord delights in those who fear him,
    who put their hope in his unfailing love." Psalm 147:11






Comments

  1. Oh, Jen! I am so thankful to hear such wonderful news! Praises to Jesus, indeed! Thank you for keeping us posted one everything! What a wonderful addition to "Ella's sequel" this is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising Him with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is WONDERFUL news!!!! Praise to our GLORIOUS Father!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Son-shine Through the Fog

It looks as if I need to apologize yet again for my lack of rambling!  It has been nearly two weeks since my last post!  My excuses are as follows: I am working at the preschool/daycare, I also got a second job (occasionally running a photo booth at weddings and events), Calvin has been working 12 to 17 hour days and we are getting ready for my brother's wedding next weekend!  The real reason though for my delinquency has been that we received our adoption home study paperwork and have been diligently pouring over them in our "free-time" and praying about what our next step is.  When we received the home study packet, I can't deny that we were feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Once I got to the bottom of the stack of paperwork, there was a form describing what safety qualifications our home needed to meet in order to adopt.  A few of the major issues with our home is that the kids bedrooms are in the basement, and since we live in a 1930's home, even though it's b

Warfare

I hadn't anticipated making my first post about my "exciting" trip to the E.R. a couple of weekends ago, but it seems to be a good place to start. As emotions and thoughts flood my heart, I can't help but let them flow onto the keys of my keyboard. I have struggled with the idea for several months that my life could be under attack by the evil one.  I have also encountered those whom when they hear me talk of spiritual warfare, roll their eyes in annoyance because in their minds, what I'm experiencing is nothing more than coincidence and hard times. But I just can't shake the feeling that the evil one and his disgusting demons are nipping at my heels and hoping to sink their teeth into my flesh, leaving a fatal wound; not a wound that would cause me literal death, but one that would shake my faith to the point of unbelief.  I am certain that this battle exists and that it is going on in my life right now.  It's biblical! Ephesians 6:11-12 "Put on